Harmony Week is a time for everyone to come together and celebrate Australia's cultural diversity! It is about inclusiveness, respect and belonging for all Australians, regardless of cultural or linguistic background, united by a set of core Australian values. Thanks to Bahia Alegria Dance School, community and our staff for starting us off with the lovely video above, now it's your turn to share what Harmony means to you!
This Harmony Week, we encourage you to learn about other cultures and share your own through a video competition.
How to submit your video
1) Film a Harmony Week video to show us how you're celebrating! Not sure what to film? You can:
- Do the Bahia Alegria dance or a dance of your own
- Share something from your culture (song, food, clothing, traditions...anything!)
- Tell us your story and what Harmony means to you
2) Share your video online and tag us on Facebook (@mccgc) or Instagram (@mccgc). Videos must be shared by 25th March to enter the contest.
$500 in prizes
We have 4 prizes for best video in different categories. Winners will be announced on our website and Facebook page on 31st March 2022.
- $200 - Overall winner
- $100 - Business
- $100 - Youths
- $100 - Individuals
*Please note videos submitted may be shared on our website and social media and must have permission from everyone in the video to post publicly. Do not submit videos to the contest without permission of all participants.*