Join the Team!
We are an equal opportunity employer who embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Our staff speak over 35 languages and come from many different backgrounds.
Community Engagement Worker
Location: Southport, Gold Coast QLD
- Facilitate opportunities and inclusion of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, through working with broader services, social and industry networks in local areas to be more culturally safe and responsive
- Assist in the logistical planning, setup and execution of events and activities to ensure their smooth operation.
Implement and manage volunteer operations, providing appropriate training and coordination across the organisation
- Co - develop and deliver cultural capacity training for sector and school communities.
- Support operations, recruitment and development of the Youth Advisory Group
- To build the capability of individuals or community groups from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to access and navigate the local service system and support and identify opportunities
- Support and implement a range of relevant community development projects and activities.
- To maintain and develop regular connections with diverse local community leaders to identify emerging needs and appropriate responses, and support inclusion of culturally diverse communities in local disaster management efforts through coordinated engagement.
- Continue the delivery of established activities in the approved CAMS workplan
- Provide support in our community education programs to inform Multicultural families about the role of Community Services, and other mainstream services.
MCCGC recognises that across the country, we all live and work on the unceded lands and waters of First Nations people, and pay our respects to Elders past and present.